Electrify Your Castle: A Roadmap to a Sustainable Home
How do you want to heat and cool your Colorado home for the next 15 to 20 years?
Kappler Mechanical wants to help you create a greener home focused on clean energy and sustainability. That’s why we created this electrification roadmap.
Electrification swaps fuel-burning appliances with systems running on electricity or solar power. It means using an electric heat pump instead of a gas furnace for heating and cooling or adding rooftop solar panels to offset energy bills.
Imagine reducing your energy bills and contributing to a healthier planet for decades to come! That is the beauty of electrification.
Why Make the Switch?
• You save money: Rewiring America estimates the average household can save between $1,050 and $2,585 per year on energy bills by switching from gas to electricity.
• Slash your carbon emissions: Replacing fuel-burning appliances with greener options reduces your home’s carbon footprint, helping to protect our state’s natural resources for future generations.
• Add more value: Installing an air-source heat pump can increase your home’s market value between 4.3 and 7.1 percent.
• Easy to install: A heat pump works like your conventional furnace and AC system, using ductwork to disperse conditioned air throughout your home. The main difference you will notice notice? Lower energy bills!
• Tax credits and rebates: The Inflation Reduction Act, signed into law in 2022, offers thousands of dollars in federal incentives to replace your old HVAC system.
• Enjoy flexibility: Apply zoning strategies and ductless systems to heat and cool your favorite rooms, offering further savings.
Follow This Roadmap to a Greener Lifestyle!
Your future heating and cooling system is more than just about comfort—it’s about embracing a greener lifestyle for the next two decades or longer! Let Kappler Mechanical help you find the right equipment that makes sense for your lifestyle and budget.
Begin the Electrification Journey
Where to start? That is the question most customers ask about electrifying their homes.
If electrification is a puzzle, our licensed electricians at Kappler Mechanical can help ensure all the pieces fit together. We can recommend eco-friendly heating and cooling products that fit your budget and give you the best return on your investment.
Here are some timely scenarios when you can transition your Colorado home from gas appliances to electric:
Scenario 1: Aging Equipment
The perfect time to add a heat pump is when your current HVAC system is approaching the end of its useful service life.
Scenario 2: One Room vs. the Whole House
Go one room at a time. Federal tax credits to upgrade your home efficiency are in place through 2032, giving you ample time to stagger your electrification strategy.
Scenario 3: Are You Planning to Remodel?
Implement an HVAC strategy that accounts for your existing and new space.
Scenario 4: Homes without Ductwork
Preserve the character of your historic home. Kappler Mechanical specializes in multizone ductless systems, offering efficient heating and cooling without compromising your home’s integrity.
Scenario 5: Hot and Cold Spots in Your Home
Patchy heating and cooling spots are usually a clue that it is time to upgrade.
Take the Next Step
Ready to step into a brighter, eco-friendly future for your home? Contact Kappler Mechanical today, and let us embark on this electrifying journey together.
Taking the Next Step Toward Home Electrification
Your next step is to sit down with a Kappler Mechanical comfort advisor to talk about your home energy goals. We can schedule an energy audit to determine which parts of your home could use a little extra TLC!
Again, the perfect time to have this conversation is when you are thinking about replacing your current heating and cooling system.
Start with one project that improves your home’s comfort and efficiency. Our recommendations are a big part of the puzzle, but you might also want to take other steps, such as adding insulation, installing new windows, or sealing your ductwork.
Whatever steps you choose to take, Kappler Mechanical is here to share our experience and expertise so that you always enjoy the best value from your investment.
Call us today at (720) 513-6481 and begin your journey toward home electrification.