Switching to Solar Energy in Colorado
Ready to make the switch to solar energy in Colorado? Here’s what you need to know.
Solar panels are equipped with photovoltaic cells that capture sunlight, converting it into usable electricity. This power can run everything from your kitchen appliances to your entertainment systems.
Your system will include a meter that tracks the electricity you generate. Any surplus electricity you produce gets credited to your account, effectively allowing you to “bank” your energy for cloudier days.
Switching to solar reduces your dependence on the grid, allowing you to enjoy a new level of home autonomy. Kappler Mechanical can help recommend the best solar system for your home.
Benefits of Going Solar
• Cost Savings: Slash your electricity bill by hundreds of dollars annually.
• Environmentally Friendly: Solar power means zero carbon emissions—a green choice for your household.
• Versatility: Use solar for water heating, EV chargers, outdoor lighting, and more.
• Longevity and Durability: Expect your solar panels to last for over 30 years, even in harsh winter weather.
• Property Value Boost: Solar panels can boost your home’s market value by an average of 4.1 percent, adding nearly $20,000 in value to a typical Colorado home.
Colorado taxpayers can qualify for an uncapped 30 percent tax credit on solar panels through the 25D Clean Energy Tax Credit. This credit runs through 2032, giving you ample time to plan.
Locally, the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) has financing options and initiatives to expand solar energy throughout the state. Several local municipalities and utility companies also offer rebates and other incentives for solar panel installation.